Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Little Quilt Diversion



That pretty much sums up the weather here today.  COLD, grey and no need for a life guard.  Brrrr.  Its cold out there.  

In need of some pretty (warm) things to remind me of of warmer days, I dug out this picture of a quilt that I made for my cousin's 13th birthday.  I let her pick the fabrics and then told her I would surprise her.  I wasn't sure what to do, so I went with stripes!  Can you tell she is a fan of purple?



Not to be outdone by her cousin, my DD also wanted a purple quilt.  The initial idea was she would learn to sew.  The pattern we chose is called garden fence.  I thought it looked easy but this picture of her just about sums it up.


Its taken us way too long and its still not done.  It is coming along though but its been a long slog.  She does take pleasure in arranging and rearranging the blocks into seemingly infinte combinations.


No comments:

Post a Comment