Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Garden Space Saving Ideas

It was a lovely spring day here today.  FINALLY.  My older son and I went for a nice walk on the beach this afternoon. It was SO pretty today.  The water almost looked worthy of a swim.  




I am super excited.  My rosemary is still alive.  I've nurse this plant through three winters.  


I've had these chives since 1992!  They hold the record for the plant I've had the longest!


Our back yard is teeny tiny. Its approximately 18' by 18' Over the last year, I've slowly been thinking about what to do with it.  I often grow some for of veggie in containers.  Last year my youngest son grew carrots.  I think he wants to do that again this year too which has led me to thinking about what I can do to my small little garden.

I am thinking about making some raised beds.  I have really fallen in love with this idea.  I love the industrial feel of these.

metal raised garden planters


raised metal garden planters

Because our yard is really small, I would like something that is smallish and can be moved.  I have grown tomatoes and lettuce in the past and love fresh from the garden produce.



A stacking system would work really well in my yard. Something like this....


or this.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment