Friday, April 5, 2013

Quartz Counters and Red Wine Stains

I've you've been reading my blog, you know that I lusted after mable counters.  Marble is so beautiful but its stains something awful.  I opted to go with white quartz because quartz is suppose to be pretty stain proof.

After we paid the deposit for the quartz, I started googling and found some horror stories about white quartz and staining.  My heart sank.

We went ahead with the white quartz and I've been REALLY careful because I've been REALLY worried.

We had the family over for Easter dinner on sunday and cracked open a nice bottle of red wine we had been given by friends.  Can you see where this is going????



The house was busy and things didn't get cleaned up after the very filling Easter dinner.  I woke up monday morning to see a red wine ring on the corner of my island.

My heart nearly skipped a beat!

I didn't think to take a picture I just grabbed a dish cloth and scrubbed.

And guess what I saw?  Yup NOTHING.  Quartz counter 1 - red wine stain 0.


No comments:

Post a Comment