Sunday, January 27, 2013

Splash Back

One of the only things that I ever liked in this kitchen was the back splash.  I put it in on new years even in 2005.  Its just a plain white subway tile but I love it.  Its plain, simple and classic.



Our current Formica counter has a raised back splash lip on the back.  In a word, YUCK.  The new counters will be straight with no splash back.  It left me with the conundrum of what to do with the 3.5" or so of wall where the new counter will being and the back splash begins.

I knew I wanted to put another row of tile but I have been fretting about buying new tiles to "match" the old ones.  I had bought them at Home Depot (by no means an add) and knew they still carried similar ones but I was a big worried matching whites after 7 years.


(The crappy old counter doesn't look half bad in that pic!)

Apparently I'm more organized than I give myself credit for!  I was digging through our crawl space today looking for something my older son had been looking for.  I turned around and much to my sheer and utter delight I saw a Datile box.  As soon as I saw it I knew it was left overs tile from the back splash!


My poor dog is not quite sure what is happening around here.  Her doggie bed is getting moved around the kitchen on a regular basis.  Woof.






No comments:

Post a Comment