Saturday, January 26, 2013

Counter Measure

The counter fabricator came to measure the other day.  She was very helpful and made a couple of suggestions.  As you know, I've been debating what to do about the faucet.  The one we have is a pretty good American Standard one.  Its older and needs three holes drilled into the new counter;  one for the spout, one for the on off lever and one for the sprayer.  Newer better quality faucets are almost all single hole.  I'm not completely convinced I like the single hole design but I can see the merits of having only a single thing to clean around.



The fabricator suggested that if I hadn't completely decided what to do that the best idea would be to drill two holes in the counter.  I could reinstall my current faucet but without the spray hose.  In the future, I could later install a single hole faucet and then put in a soap dispenser.

Just like this set up


I have been thinking  that might be a really good compromise.  The more I thought on it though, the more I think its a really good idea.  She tells me that the soap dispenser can be filled from above which was part of my hesitation.  I had been thinking that it was meant for hand soap.  Silly me.  I just realized that you could fill it with dish soap and not have a bottle to deal with.


I did go out shopping for faucets the other day and I fell in love with a gorgeous vintagey one.  It was $1800 which is so not going to happen.

We have had to switch out install date around too.  Ho hum.  The big day is now scheduled for Valentines day!   I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to having an under mount sink.  No more goo around the counter rim.  Yeah!

I'm also really looking forward to my kids being able to sit at a proper island to eat.  The breakfast bar we currently have is stupidly high and too narrow to eat at.



I have a confession to make.  Ten, yes ten, years ago when we bought this house, I bought counter stools to go at our island.  I have wanted to get rid of the breakfast bar since the get go. Things always go slower than you think and we have lived with stools that are too short for  ten years.





No comments:

Post a Comment