Saturday, January 12, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins



My daughter took this picture last night. Our fish Squishy is in the background. I think my little blue dude is wondering what all the fuss is about. He is a very curious fish.

These are sin fully good muffins my cousin makes almost every time I visit her. They are SOOO good and they turn out with fantastic results with gluten free flour. My mother used to make a very  similar gluten filled cake when I was a kid that was SO moist and delicious. Cuz doesn't think its the same recipe because our mother's weren't the type to bake with exotic ingredients like yogurt.  If you have ever made gluten free hockey pucks that are suppose to pass as muffins, you will appreciate these.  They are VERY fluffy and moist.

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip banana Muffins

3/4 cup of mashed ripe bananas (I used 3)
1/2 of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup of Gluten Free Flour (I used King Arthur)
1 tsp of GF baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
and LOTS of chocolate chips (3/4 of a regular sized bag is good)

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Use muffin papers.

In a large bowl using electric mixer, beat together bananas, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until well mixed. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture. Stir in yogurt. Gently fold in chocolate chips.

Pour into muffin pan. Bake for 15 min or until tester comes out clean.

approx 150 calories per muffin - 6 grams of fat

No comments:

Post a Comment