Friday, February 22, 2013

DIY Trim on an Island Part One - The Prep.

I started the first step in trimming out our island today.  The first challenge was to find a paint brush!  I am normally pretty organized with painting supplies but not today.  


The plywood we reinforced the island with is good one side 3/4".  We opted for 3/4" because its structural and we wanted it to help carry the load of the counter.  I used the primer I used on the cabinet doors and a high density foam roller.


One coat of primer. 


Two coats of primer and it its looking pretty good.  Would you believe I made those stripe cushions out of Ikea Tea towels 5 or 6 years ago?


I am going to trim the island in the same fashion that I trimmed the soffitt:  square, simple and pretty.


This is the general profile I'm looking to achieve but not in marble.


No comments:

Post a Comment