Tuesday, October 23, 2012

First Coat

Its pouring and dreary outside but its white and fresh inside.  I put a second coat of primer on the doors today.  Yeah me!



They were looking great with just the primer.  They are SO not orange anymore.

In this picture, you can really see the color difference between the Farrow and Ball fronts and the primer color on the sides.  Pointing is a really nice warm, creamy white.


I had been warned before hand that panting with Farrow and Ball was like painting with pudding.  Its REALLY thick and, because its clay based, it actually smells like clay.  I feel like I'm in pottery class only this is so much more satisfying than the ugly bowls I made in pottery class.

I'm surprised at just how hard it is to photograph these suckers. You can sort of see the nice finish they have in this shot.  I can't believe just how great they look.




No comments:

Post a Comment