Friday, December 28, 2012

My Favorite Glue

First off, I need to say that I am not being paid for this.



A couple of years ago, I forget exactly what it was, but something broke.  I went to the store to grab some glue and some random sales clerk changed my life and suggested Gorilla Glue.  Cute name but really?

I have not had much luck with glue in the past.  I've bought many different glues and they have left me with not much more than a sticky mess.

Gorilla glue.  I love you.  I have yet to find something I can't fix with this stuff.  Its quite simply AMAZING.

I fixed the broken handle on my mother's teapot.



You can see the fix but I really don't care.  It has sentimental value.  It was pretty dusty after I glued the handle back on so I threw it through the dishwasher!  The handle held and is SUPER strong.


I used the wood glue to glue the shelf back into my china cabinet.   Yup its dusty in there!  Yikes.




We bought this larimar ring for DD a couple of years ago in the Caribbean.  She wore it faithfully until one of the stones along with the setting broke off.  She has kept it for over a year.  She pulled it out the other day and handed it to me and said "can you gorilla glue this?".  Sure why not try!  

I tell you, I tried and I failed.  It was really hard to hold the stone without gluing it to my fingers to the ring and together.  I sat and pondered it and then gave it another go.  It WORKED.  I should have taken a before shot!




A little self hand modeling....  I have no idea how long this will hold for but it feels pretty secure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment