Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hood Fan and Kitchen Sinks

My kitchen sink is dinky.  There is no other way to describe it.  Its always full but its also hard to wash anything big in it.  I didn't realize just how small it is until I started looking at sinks. I whipped out my trust tape measure the other day and measured it.



Its 7" deep.  I was shocked because a lot of the sinks I had looked at were 9" and 10" deep. 

I have my eye on a rectangular sink - in fancy designer speak, that would be zero radius. I kind of like the sleek design but I'm not 100% sold on its functionality.  If you have one, please comment and let me know if you like it or not.  

I'm also looking at hood fans.  Its a bit embarrassing to admit, but the one we have is a hand-me-down from out next door neighbour.  The one the builder put in our house was so bad, snow would blow in when it was windy outside.  I mentioned it to my neighbour and she gave us her "old" one when she put in a microwave hood fan.  


Yup its the kitchen of many colors right now.  The black hood fan never really went with what the kitchen.  It was meant as a temporary fix.  It is very quiet and it keeps out the snow and wind quite nicely thank you very much.  

My current plan is to take the cabinet that the hood fan is attached to down completely and replace it with a pretty fan.  Like this ....
Or this...

What ever we choose, it has to be mounted at the proper height so I don't bump my head on it like I do with the one that we currently have.  I have to lean under it to reach the back burners.  When I stand back up...boof.  I kid you not, he other day I smacked the back of my head three times.  What do you think?  Do I deserve a new hood fan? 

No comments:

Post a Comment