Thursday, May 16, 2013

Raised Garden Planter Revisited

I know I've talked about this before.  I really want some sort of raised garden planter in my garden to grow tomatoes.  I'm obsessed with the idea of a metal feed trough because I like the quasi industrial feel to them but they are expensive.  One decent sized one is around $150.

http://twomenandalittlefarm.blogspot.ca/2011/11/galvanized-water-tank-trough-vegetable.html

I just can't justify spending that much money my little urban farm project.  I love the look though.

I went to Ikea today and I bought two of these.  They aren't quite the pig trough I had in mind.  They are a bit too polished looking for what I'm dreaming of.


I was in my basement working on a sewing swap.  I have a rather large below grade window in my basement that has a corrugated window well.  I was sewing away and it hit me.  I could use a window well as a planter!

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/galvanized-stock-tanks-as-plan-124689


It has the same metal industrial look and they can be had for as little as $13.99!  I'm going to run off to the home store tomorrow and see if it would work!  I'm so excited!  I'm sure I can bolt two of these together and make an open bottomed planter!



No comments:

Post a Comment